After the horrific firestorm this week many companies, including us at Vocio, are reviewing their Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) plans. For a look at how some San Diego businesses dealt with the fires check out this article from eWeek.
Also if you're looking for ways to provide BCDR for your enterprise voice services check out the presentation here.
After reading the eWeek article I thought our clients might have a few questions. Such as what type of BCDR plan does Vocio have to ensure access to the V-Vision TEM platform and what benefit, if any, would the V-Vision TEM platform be to your enterprise in the time of a crisis.
As the V-Vision TEM platform is a repository for your telecom services and inventory it could be useful for:
- Storing a PDF copy of your Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan which would allow anyone on the BCDR team with web access to immediately view, print or download the document.
- Since we track all wireless inventory in real time you would have access to all of the wireless numbers assigned to your employees allowing you to call or text message them. You could also store personal home or mobile phone numbers in the employee inventory.
- You have access to telecom and data inventory for all site locations along with the carriers and contact phone numbers. If you needed to Remote Call Forward (RCF) your main number or reroute Toll Free numbers to another location the information would be available, allowing for a quick response.
- V-Vision allows for e-mail notification and could upon request have a predetermined selection of notifications to send to all employees or the BCDR team depending upon the crisis.
What Makes Vocio V-Vision's TEM Platform Reliable?
The V-Vision TEM platform is delivered as Software as a Service (SaaS) and as such is available anywhere you have an Internet connection. Our data center is the same facility that handles millions of tax returns via TurboTax for the Web each year. To assure continued service, data integrity, and customer confidence, the data center is outfitted with:
- thoroughly tested intrusion detection software and hardware to stop unauthorized access attempts and other suspicious activity
- the most advanced firewall software available to prevent “spoofing”
- daily back-ups of all information stored within V-Vision to prevent data loss
- 24x7x365 security, including trained personnel, video surveillance, and alarms, to prevent physical breaches
- uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and multiple back-up generators in case of power outage smoke detection and fire suppression systems
- In case of natural disaster, we have a second and separate data center that redundantly protects and stores all customer information and assets.
We hope that our clients never have to go through the challenges we faced with the San Diego Firestorm but rest assured we've put a lot of thought and effort into our Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery so should you need our services they will be available.